Mr. Tortoise, a smart investor and entrepreneur, made the choice to go into the oil and gas industry. He had found the newest budding hub and as luck will have it, there was no fuel station there! Mr. Tortoise then set aside some millions and bought the land, got a site plan drawn up and approved.
It was time to build but, not so fast.
First, Mr. Tortoise has to go to the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, and submit an application for approval to construct a filling station for retailing petroleum produce.
He also has to get and submit the following:
- An approved plan showing the site and its relation to the roadways.
- A certificate signed by the state fire officer on the approval of the arrangement for fire prevention.
- A certificate by the town planning authority for the construction of a petrol filling station.
- A certificate signed by the divisional petrol officer in charge of the police motor traffic that the proposed filling station doesn’t constitute a traffic hazard.
- Evidence that the company applying is registered as a limited liability company by the appropriate ministry to deal in fuel through the following:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Certified true copy of memorandum and article of association.
- Tax receipt and/or tax clearance certificate for the past three years.
After these documents are submitted and the site is approved, Mr. Tortoise began to build. Eleven months later, the fuel station is setup. It was a lengthy wait but all that is left is getting his storage and sale licenses and permits from the DPR.
He must also tick off a list of the necessary items at a petrol station like an air compressor and air gauge, provision of pipe-borne water, a generator and toilet facilities amongst others. Furthermore, he must have an approved channel with an existing independent oil marketing company.
Three years later, Mr. Tortoise petrol station is opened for business but, who is right next door? A Mr. Hare Petrol station. In less than one and a half years, he found and set up his petrol station and has gotten all the business Mr. Tortoise had set his eyes on.
How did Mr. Hare do it?
He used an agency that did all the running around so he didn’t need to. He used Dreg Waters Petroleum and Logistics.
At Dreg Waters, we get you the licenses and approvals you require speedily and promptly. As an intermediary between government regulatory bodies and oil companies, we know the right procedures for timely approvals.
Our years of experience in the oil and gas industry is the right platform for your consultancy needs. Contact us today for your all petroleum requirements.