A licence is the authority, grant or permit to use, perform or release an entity. Every business has various licences of operations that are crucial to its success. Any new business owner would want to make sure that their business is as successful.
Nigeria’s economy is largely driven by crude oil exporting and importing. As such, the country’s oil and gas industry is highly regulated by reputable government agencies such as the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), the Nigeria Navy, and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
Thus, it is imperative for every oil and gas business operators in Nigeria to secure these licences at one point or the other.
Why is it important to have a business license?
Some of the reasons why it is so important to have a business license include:
- To ensure that your company is compliant with the government regulations and standards.
- Vendors, contractors and most importantly the governments need to know that your business is legitimate.
- By having a business license it tells the community that you are taking your business seriously.
- Having a license allows the owner of the business to file for a yearly tax return, supporting the legitimacy of the business.
- It ensures that your business is protected in the event that business is under legal scrutiny.
Additionally, if you avoid getting a business license there could be a fine by the government.
At Dreg Waters Petroleum and Logistics, we help our clients in the procurement of necessary licenses and permits, ranging from DPR permits to NIMASA certificates and naval clearances. We act as an intermediary between Government regulatory bodies & Oil companies.
We have been practicing these consultancy services for many years and have a wealth of knowledge to offer to businesses in the Nigerian oil and gas industry. Furthermore, we will support you on your journey and provide you the advice you need to succeed. Check out more about our expertise here.