Dreg Waters Petroleum and Logistics is proud to share with you some updates for the 24th Africa Oil Week holding at Cape Town, South Africa. Below are some summary of few speakers that came up today Monday, October 23, 2017.
Energy as an Enabler for Africa’s Economic Growth
~ Keynote address by Austin Avuru, Managing Director, Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc.
- Oil and gas accounts for 80% of Nigeria’s GDP therefore gas consumption is increasing, however Nigeria is realigning to secure domestic energy.
- Seplat is actively involved in gas and they are strategically positioned to meet Nigeria’s gas to power needs.
- He recommended movement of refining capacity to be major producers of gas for supply of power.
- He recommended more pipeline distribution network and security against vandalism
Local content success and failure in Nigeria.
~ Delivered by Engr. Simbi Kesiye Wabote, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board
- Local content is not a sprint race rather it is a marathon race. Therefore is regarded as a journey that takes time but beneficial to both parties.
- Local content is an existential imperative for the people which guarantees a security of supply.
- The focus of local content in Nigeria is not ‘Nigerianisation of the oil and gas sector but ‘Domiciliation and Domestication of value added services.
At Dreg Waters Petroleum and Logistics, we pride ourselves in ensuring that we deliver excellent and timely maritime services to all our clients. We make it our duty to remove all obstacles our clients may encounter by taking full responsibility of delivering all the services they may require.
We look forward to doing business with you.